Chocolate pudding cake has always been a favorite in my household. My mother used to make it for me growing up, and now I make it for my family. Kids love it, and so do adults.
This unique recipe has three parts/layers, read the instructions carefully. Enjoy!
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased 9x13 baking dish (or a foil pan for easier cleanup), combine all of the ingredients from part one, starting with the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cocoa). Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa from part two. Sprinkle over the batter in the baking dish. Do NOT mix in.
- Pour the water over the top. Do NOT mix in.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream, or cool whip.