Honey Dijon Whiskey Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb frozen crispy chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp whiskey of choice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce can add more as desired
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped and toasted, optional
- 2 scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven according to the chicken strip package instructions. Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Place an oven-safe cooling rack onto a large rimmed baking sheet pan (not required but will help to cook the chicken evenly and keep it crispy). Place chicken tenders on cooling rack. Bake for half of the required time according to the baking instructions on package.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together honey, brown sugar, Dijon, whiskey, soy sauce, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat over medium-low heat until it comes to a gentile boil. Remove from heat and add cubed butter, one cube at a time whisking until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Remove chicken tenders from oven and brush tenders with sauce, turn each chicken tender to the opposite side, and brush with more sauce. Return to oven for another 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Baste with additional sauce if desired, or serve sauce along side for dipping. Incorporate garnishes as desired.